Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tamara | Intimate Portraits Project

It had been a while since I have been wanting to work on this specific photography project. It was the beginning of a new year, and the prospect of having a new baby, what pushed me to make it real. 


When I dived into this project, I had no idea it was going to be so rewarding in so many different ways. I was not only doing my "thing": being creative, experimenting with film; but also, I was making a difference in these women lives. They came to participate in a photo shoot, and they left feeling pampered, empowered and beautiful;  and that made the experience that much more especial for me and them.  Keep checking for more blogs about this project in the future. 

Tamara's photo shoot was everything I dreamed it could be. The moment I spotted her in a crowd in the last wedding I shot, I immediately asked her if I could take pictures of her. And the good sports she is, she said, I am in! Then I got to meet her, and loved every aspect of who she was as a person. She is beautiful, fun, laid back, down to Earth, and an artist herself. She is the kind of person I could be friends with. She did photography back in the day, does landscape design, was a ballroom dancer; and is a house restorer. On top of that, she loves and collects vintage clothing and accessories, a very important element for the styling of our photo shoot. She currently lives in a house that she is restoring herself in Boulder Creek that made for the most beautiful setting for her session. 

The hair and make-up was done by the very talented Naima Morgan. Naima, you were amazing!

Now I will let you be the judge of Tamara's shoot. I am so proud of the results... 


All images are copyrighted © 2013 - 2013 Cyntia Apps Photography
















































No comments:

Post a Comment