Thursday, June 7, 2012

South Africa Part 1 | Travel Photography

Ever since I met my husband, he has had the tendency to outdo himself with the most amazing Christmas presents, from new ski gear, to my first diamond earrings, to my first laptop,  new camera lenses, etc. Yes, I know, I am very spoiled, and so incredibly fortunate to have him as my husband. 

Last Christmas, I think he set his bar way too high. He got me the most amazing present ever: a South Africa travel book, which he said came with a trip included. I remember getting a "high" in my brain from the news. I can straight tell you, the two things I enjoy most in my life are to travel and photography. 

So we had the most amazing opportunity to visit this magical country, sans kiddos (a big THANKS to my amazing parents who came from Panama to watch our kids).  First a stop in Cape Town, where we learned about their culture and history. The Mother City, as they call it, is a beautiful city by the sea, with a Table Mountain behind her. 

We stayed right downtown besides their party street, LONG Street; which was convenient at night, when we wanted to hit a restaurant for dinner, with good music. While in Cape Town, we did the usual sights, a City Tour, Table Mountain, a Coastal Tour, which took us from Camps Bay to Cape Point, which is the southernmost point in the African Continent (it is truly debatable whether California HWY 1 is the most beautiful coastal drive in the world, after seeing South Africa's) , Stellenbosch, their wine country, and the Townships, where we learned about South Africa's apartheid history, which I found fascinating.  

But the highlight of those tours was the Church Service they took us at the end of the Langa Township tour. Most of you that know us, can tell that we are not 'church people', but if you can find me a church service as fun, as that one, I will be there every Sunday. The singing was beautiful, and their message was even more wonderful. 

Now check out some of the pictures of our amazing trip to Cape Town. 
                
                 All images are copyrighted © 2012 - 2012 Cyntia Apps Photography























No comments:

Post a Comment