Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The Best Christmas Present | Film Photography


Last December, we travelled to Toronto to spend the holidays with my husband's family.   We arrived  in the middle of the 2013 Toronto Ice Storm; one of the worst ice storms since 1988. Freezing rain and snow caused major power outages. Driving conditions were horrible; my in-laws' neighbors had to heat snow to wash dishes; it was a pretty big mess in the Toronto GTA; we even experienced an ice-quake!   My husband, kids and I had to move to my sister-in-law's who didn't lose power. 

In the middle of all this chaos, the ice storm had created the most marvelous spectacle; it was like being in a Swarovski Wonderland. And on December 24th, I got one of the most amazing Christmas presents. My mother-in-law picked me up and drove me around to just take pictures. She said that in her 30+ years living in Toronto (she is from Saskatchewan), she had never seen such  an amazing and beautiful landscape. So I grabbed my film camera, and just took pictures. It was one of the best Christmas presents I have ever gotten.(And my husband is pretty hard to beat when it comes to Christmas presents!). Thanks so much Connie! Here are some of the images from that trip. Happy Holidays to all of you that read my blog! Hope you have a wonderful time with your loved ones! XOXO - Cyntia








No comments:

Post a Comment